- 5 to 6 medium baking apples cored, peeled and sliced up
- butter to grease pan
- nutmeg to flavor apples (fresh ground preferred)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup "Old Fashioned" peanut butter (Peanuts and Salt only)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Layer apple slices in bottom of 2"x10"x13" (or similar sized) butter/greased cake pan.
2. Grate nutmeg (you could use cinnamon, but I prefer nutmeg) over top of apples.
3. Put in oven and let them cook for a few minutes while you make the topping.
4. Put egg, melted butter, honey, baking soda and vanilla in food processor.
5. Whip it up for a few minutes.
6. Put peanut butter into processor and whip all ingredients together. Mix em up well, but don't burn out the motor in your processor!
7. Pull apples/pan (warning it is hot!) from oven and carefully pour the peanut butter goo evenly over the top of apples.
8. Return to oven and bake at 300 Degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
9. You can check for "done ness" if a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
10. Can be eaten warm or cold. Store covered in fridge.