- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- almond extract; a few drops (Optional)
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg, extracts and honey.
- Blend in almond flour.
- Then mix in melted butter.
- Press into a deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly browned before filling.
- 2 or 3 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Caramel Sauce
- Arrange apple slices on prebaked crust.
- Then pour caramel over it. Pour a little or a lot, depending on how gooey you want it
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and top with chopped pecans (optional)
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup honey
- 4 oz (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temp and sliced
- A dash of cinnamon
- Heat honey in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently. In a few minutes it will be slightly bubbled and begin to boil. When it begins to really boil up and look "foamy", stir constantly for one minute and then let it just boil on its own for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stirring constantly, add butter, one pat at a time allowing each to be almost dissolved before adding the next.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- When all have been added, let sauce cool. It will thicken as it cools.
, The Charmed Girls