- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cans coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, freshly grated (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- almond milk, optional (to thin out the Charmed Nog)
- rum, optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat yolks for a couple minutes. Gradually add coconut sugar - pausing in between to let the sugar dissolve. Set aside for now.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a low simmer and then add the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Now it’s time to temper the eggs. Turn your stand mixer on low and then (very) slowly add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the egg yolks. Repeat until you have about a cup of milk in your mixer.
- Once the eggs have been tempered, add them to the saucepan and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the Charmed Nog to cool down.
- Add rum if you want to, then put the Charmed Nog in the fridge to chill (the longer you let it chill, the thicker it will become).
- When you take the Charmed Nog out of the fridge, add almond milk to thin it out according to taste.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon on top before serving.
Tastes best when served cold!
, The Charmed Girls