5 to 6 medium baking apples cored, peeled and sliced up
butter to grease pan
nutmeg to flavor apples (fresh ground preferred)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 cup "Old Fashioned" peanut butter (Peanuts and Salt only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer apple slices in bottom of 2"x10"x13" (or similar sized) butter/greased cake pan.
- Grate nutmeg (you could use cinnamon, but I prefer nutmeg) over top of apples.
- Put in oven and let them cook for a few minutes while you make the topping.
- Put egg, melted butter, honey, baking soda and vanilla in food processor. Whip it up for a few minutes.
- Put peanut butter into processor and whip all ingredients together. Mix em up well, but don't burn out the motor in your processor!
- Pull apples/pan (warining it is hot!) from oven and carefully pour the peanut butter goo evenly over the top of apples.
- Return to oven and bake at 300 Degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- You can check for "done ness" if a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Can be eaten warm or cold. Store covered in fridge.
, The Charmed Girls