- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs butternut quash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 cups broth - vegetable and/or chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook squash for 30 - 40 minutes until soft.
- When squash is cool enough scoop out flesh into a blender or food processor.
- While squash is cooking melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Peel and chop the onion and apple. Add onion to butter.
- Cook onion for about three minutes until translucent but not browned.
- Add chopped apple to the onion and cook for another three minutes until the apples is just soft.
- Add the onion and apple mixture to the squash in the blender or food processor.
- Add just enough broth the cover everything. Puree the mixture.
- Add the puree back to the soup pot with the rest of the broth and spice. Simmer until hot and ready to serve.
, The Charmed Girls